The standing committee meeting of JCM (DC) was held on 23.08.2013 under the chairmanship of Member (O) to discuss the pending items of the last JCM (DC). Com. K. V. Sridharan, Leader Staff side, Com. Giriraj Singh, Secretary Staff Side, Com. M. Krishnan, Secretary General NFPE Com. D. Theagarajan, Secretary General FNPO represented the staff side. Com. Ishwar Singh Dabas, General Secretary, P4 NFPE, Com. T. N. Rahate General Secretary P4, FNPO were also present to discuss the postmen related issues.
The following are the decision in respect of important items.
1. A new chairperson will be nominated with in a fortnight for further continuance of cadre restructuring proposal. A meeting with the staff side will be held within one month.
2. The case of System Assistant will be looked into by the cadre review committee. The uniform duties and other ten demands pertaining to system administrators will be discussed in the same committee.
3. Droping the practice of obtaining fidelity bond will be reviewed once again.
4. The protection of pay of the defunct scale of PO & RMS Accountant case is being reviewed.
5. The revision of cash allowance to the SPMs handling cash in the absence of treasurer will be finalized at the earliest possible.
6. The committee reports for enhancing the line limits for cash remittance will be decided within a month. Providing van for cash conveyance for MNERGA payment will be considered.
7. Fixing of norms to PSD and CSD will be considered only after the implementation of IT modernisation project.
8. Allowing the physically challenged officials to appear in the IP examination, the referred case has not yet been finalized by the department of Social Justice. One more reminder and personal approach to expedite the approval will be made.
9. The revised HSG I Recruitment rules ensuring 100% HSG I Posts to General line is under process. The revised recruitment rules for HSG I will be finalized within two months.
10. The proposal for payment of incentive instead of honorarium for processing PLI/RPLI proposal will be finalized shortly. We pointed out about non-payment of RPLI incentive on monthly basis as per 2009, orders in most of the circles. It was assured to issue instructions to adhere the said instructions scrupulously. We pointed out the inadequate allotment of funds of clearing the pending incentive bills to the field officers and Agents and requested to allot the sufficient fund to wipe out all the pending bills forthwith. This was assured.
11. The proposal for the grant of Excess duty allowance or restoration of charge allowance to the SPMs working in single and Double handed post offices will be considered.
12. The issue regarding the counting of training period for the benefits of promotion under TBOP/BCR scheme as per the court judgment will be considered after getting the law ministry opinion as well as its implementation in respect of U.P circle at first.
13. Holding of examination for the post of AMM in MMS and holding DPC for Dy. Manager MMS will be finalized within two months.
14. The issue of appointment of Superintendent, Sorting in RMS will be finalized shortly.
15. The staff side demanded to record disagreement in respect of the denial of cash handling allowance to treasures at par with cashiers. The chairman inform that we will have one more attempt with MoF. The staff side assured to submit a fresh detailed not above the justification in this case.
16. The committee constituted to discuss about Group ‘B’ promotion under the chairmanship of Shir. V. K. Tiwari DDG (R&P) will finalise its recommendation within one month. The staff side presented our views which is enclosed herewith for the consumption of all comrades.
17. In the issue of anomaly in the preparation of PA gradation list, we insisted whatever settled earlier should not be reopened. This was agreed and DDG (P) assured to give appropriate instruction to Tamilnadu Circle.
18. Orders issued for protection of pay to employees who seek transfer to a lower post under FR 15(a)/under Rule 38.
19. Construction for department building for DPA at Hyderabad. Proposal not agreed. In respect of Trivandrum and Patna, this is under process.
20. Demand fresh establishment review for proposal/revival sanction of peripheral HRA will not be insisted hereafter. Proposal to upgrade the cities for drawal of HRA as per the 2011 census will be take up with MoF.
21. The unjustified three conditions imposed for appearing IP examination for the departmental quota vacancies will be reviewed and modified shortly.
22. The Civil wing Karnataka circle ensured the safety of the existing building at Kodial bail HSG I in Mangalore division and no possibility of new construction. As the accommodation is far below the SOA we insisted for shifting of the PO for a better building which will be examined.
23. The construction work began for the new departmental building at Itanagar HO/North East Circle.
24. The incentive for IMT work will be finalized shortly. The file is new pending with internal finance for approval.
25. The recovery imposed on official for interest paid on PPF Accounts in case of Karnataka circle have been ordered to refund to the officials like Mysore and case settled.
26. In case of fixation of pay for MTS by separate fixation for each MACP has been referred to the nodal ministry for clarification.
27. Taking dies non period for reckoning of continuous service for grant of MACP will be further examined. We pleaded, in the MACP order, there is no qualifying service and it should be on continuous service for grant of MACP and thus all EXOL, dies non period should be taken as service.
28. Orders have been issued with regard to recovery of Postage in case of foreign articles returned due to non availability of service – case settled.
29. Clarification has been issued to fix 1800 grade pay after training for the canteen employees – case settled.
30. The earlier order denying arrears on encashment of earned leave is modified and orders issued to pay the difference in encashment of EL for availing LTC.
31. Orders issued to CPmGs to hold immediate DPCs for filling up of all vacant LSG, HSG II and HSG I.
32. Orders will be issued shortly in relaxing the standard to GDS belonging to SC/ST quota in the appointment of Postal Assistant in the revised PA/SA Recruitment rules. One more instructions will be issue to all circle heads to have a special drive to fill up all the vacancies of PA, Postman etc. kept under residual vacancies.
33. As the finalization revised recruitment rules for PA/SA is delayed due to non clearance by nodal ministries. It is decided to fill up the PA vacancies of circle office as per the existing recruitment rules.
34. Orders issued by promoting the OS as AD recruitment.
35. The earlier instructions will be reiterated in respect of observation of tenure in RMS, HRO and divisional offices.
36. The IP Posts under Direct recruitment in J&K Circle cannot be filled up due to non allotment from UPSC.
37. Clarifications were issued for short drawal of Grade pay in case of pharmacists in P&T dispensary.
38. The recovery effected from the commutation of pension has been stopped as per OM dated 10.02.2009.
39. A module will be finalised by the Directorate within two months for imparting training to the Group ‘D’ selected under Blind Quota for upgradation of their Grade pay to 1800/-
40. A reference will be made to the nodal ministry for the grant of grade pay of Rs. 1800- to MTS who retired/expired from service after 13.08.2008 without having been imparted training.
41. In respect of fixing of norms for postman work, a separate meeting will be held.
42. The revision of double duty allowance is under active consideration.
43. The demand for revision of LR strength as per volume IV has been disputed by the official side by citing the MOF order dated 24.08.1995. we are not accepting and conveyed to come up with full details in the next meeting.
44. A provision will be made in the revised module software in Accounts for online facility of GPF Accounts directly by the officials.
45. Updating Postal manual, Volumes are underway by a special team. It will be fianlised at the earliest possible.
46. The proposal for bifurcation of Bastar Division is considered. The proposal for redeployment of Group ‘B’ posts for creation of separate division is under consideration.
47. All circle heads will be addressed for the timely supply of uniforms to the officials. The staff side is also requested to furnish the details in case of non supply of uniforms to the officials in respect of any circle.
48. Staff side insisted for providing more feeder cadre post in case of PO & RMS. Account line officials and assured to submit a brief note on this for consideration.
The meeting ended with the vote of thanks to the chair.